What seafoods are good for you?

April 23, 2010 on 1:38 pm | Written by: | In Uncategorized | 1 Comment

I haven’t eaten red meat since I was in 6th grade.  I occasionally eat chicken as a source of protein, but again after watching the video in class on how they raise animals to produce meat, it made me sick.  I understand that this is a job for some, but I feel as if what they are doing to animals is just plain cruel.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not an animal rights activist, but I do feel as thought we should treat our animals as they are being treated in the meat packing industry.  I believe that they way they raise their animals by feeding them hormones and foods that generate rapid growth is harmful and cruel.  I’ve actually decided that I think I’m going to stay away from eating meats and start swaying towards finding my protein in seafood.  I know that may sound a little contradictory, but I find a little more realm in eating seafoods and maybe it’s just because I didn’t get a behind the scenes glance as to how that industry is working. I also found a really great site that tells you what seafoods are best to eat and what types of nutrients they provide to you body.  It’s actually a diet blog. I joined, you should too!

1 Comment

1. If you support the humane treatment of animals and are willing to voice your opinion on their behalf, you are an animal rights activist! It’s like when people say “I’m not a feminist, but…” (yes that is in reference to the other FSEM course). I don’t think there’s anything wrong with being either. Fish are definitely a great source of protein; farm-raising certain fish (such as oysters and tilapia) is better for the environment than farming, for example, salmon.

Comment by mgostel — April 23, 2010 #

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress with Pool theme design by Borja Fernandez. Packaged by Edublogs - education blogs.
Entries and comments feeds. Valid XHTML and CSS. ^Top^