Fruits in Season

April 23, 2010 on 1:32 pm | Written by: | In Uncategorized | 1 Comment

After watching the in-class video on GMO’s, processing of foods, food labels, etc., I found the ending credits to be really intersting.  When “look closely at food labels” and “eat only fruits in season” scrolled across the screen, I felt as if I could help/make a difference in the food industry by actually eating fruits that are in season and paying close attention to what I’m really eating.  After class, I actually started looking up when fruits and vegetables are in season, well I found this really cool website that I know I’ll be using on a regular basis. It tells you how to find good, ripe fruits and it also tells you when they’re in season. This is a good way to do the right thing for those people who are laboring to satisfiy the food industry.

http://fruitseasons.com/

1 Comment

1. part of me likes that i can get what ever fruit i want at any time of the year. however i did not know much about why this was possible. now that i do i have found myself thinking twice about what i buy at the store. i plan on only getting in season things now. i have even informed my family and some friends about this and they are thinking of doing the same thing as me.

Comment by caseyragg — April 23, 2010 #

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Powered by WordPress with Pool theme design by Borja Fernandez. Packaged by Edublogs - education blogs.
Entries and comments feeds. Valid XHTML and CSS. ^Top^